CN - East Fork Galena River Bridge #9
Photo taken by Steve Conro in April 2012
BH Photo #230909
Built date is a assumption based on identical bridge about 1/4 mile away with plaque intact.
Also remains of a former timber approach under the concrete
- Through truss bridge over E Fork Galena River on CNRR (former ICRR) just S of Buckhill Rd grade crossing
- Jo Daviess County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1922
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Pratt through truss with modern concrete trestle approaches
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 220.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.45064, -90.38150 (decimal degrees)
42°27'02" N, 90°22'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/715327/4703134 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52253 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 21, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- February 6, 2014: New photo from Tom Phelan
- February 4, 2014: New photo from Tom Phelan
- January 11, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- October 26, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- April 27, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Illinois Central Railroad"