CN - East Fork Galena River Bridge #4
Council Hill East.JPG
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2011
BH Photo #216422
Looks like it was originally a two track configuration.
- Deck Plate Girder bridge over East Fork Galena River on Canadian National near Council Hills Station
- Jo Daviess County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1921
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- 3 SpanDeck Plate Girder
Length of largest span: 65.0 ft.
Total length: 123.0 ft.
- Also called
- CN - Council Hills Station Bridge (E)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.46935, -90.33664 (decimal degrees)
42°28'10" N, 90°20'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/718952/4705326 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Scales Mound West
- Inventory number
- BH 49790 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 21, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- December 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date
- October 24, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- April 27, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Illinois Central Railroad"
- October 9, 2011: Added by Steve Conro