A photo of this bridge was posted on Ancestry.com by Milton Bost on Feb 19, 2011. It shows that this bridge was built adjacent to an older timber through truss.
Note: The following information comes from the National Bridge Inventory and has not been verified.
- Lost through truss bridge over Beaucoup Creek on Kimmel Bridge Road (CH 15)
- Jackson County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1896; replaced 1992
- Pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 349.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.80570, -89.29424 (decimal degrees)
37°48'21" N, 89°17'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/298028/4186736 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 039-3044 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 75187 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 14, 2017: Added by James Baughn