View Of Bridge, Looking North From West Hank
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #130972
The local story was that the bridge was originally built further east in the county. When they replaced it with a new bridge it was relocated to this location. Because it was an eye-bar design they were able to add or subtract parts to make it fit at this location--like an oversized Erector Set. It was the last Whipple truss in this IDOT district.
Bridge was located on East 1200 North Road about 1 mile east of US 45, northeast of the village of Del Rey.