13th Ave Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #227611
The Village of Orion consented to the removal of the 13th Avenue bridge only when Burlington Northern Santa Fe agreed to pay the village $65,000, install signal arms at the 10th, 11th and 12th avenue crossings, and replace the deck and guardrails on the Seventh Street bridge.
- Bridge over BNSF RR on 13th Avenue in Orion
- Orion, Henry County, Illinois
- No longer exists
- Built 1930, removed in 2011 no plans for replacement
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 34.8 ft.
Total length: 121.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35166, -90.38415 (decimal degrees)
41°21'06" N, 90°23'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/718833/4581097 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2001)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 037-9917 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 47624 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 14, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 22, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: added info
- January 4, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Google Earth shows its gone.
- January 11, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com