IAIS - Hennepin Canal Bridge (Calona)
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #227753
Two Track bridge with one track now abandoned.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Hennepin Canal on Iowa Interstate Railroad
- Colona, Henry County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 70.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI - Hennepin Canal Bridge (Calona)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.48093, -90.34875 (decimal degrees)
41°28'51" N, 90°20'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/721355/4595540 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Green Rock
- Inventory number
- BH 51705 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 29, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- June 12, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- June 11, 2012: New photo from Gene Smania
- March 15, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- March 14, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Iowa Interstate Railroad", "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Hennepin Canal"