Mosquito Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #227784
NBI listed as Steel Stringer. Turned out to be Timber Stringer, wooden deck.
- Timber stringer bridge over Mosquito Creek on Warner Castle Rd 4 mi N of Orion
- Henry County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1938
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 47.8 ft.
Deck width: 20.3 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.41003, -90.37577 (decimal degrees)
41°24'36" N, 90°22'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/719338/4587599 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Coal Valley
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 037-3045 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15306 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 80.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 15, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Changed type to Timber Stringer, added photos
- January 22, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Changed road name