Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2003
BH Photo #265143
Ferry crossing the Ohio river at Cave-In-Rock Illinois to Kentucky Route 91 near Marion Kentucky.
On June 21 1994 owner Tom Patton closed the ferry. On October 22 1994 an agreement was made between Illinois and Kentucky to operate the ferry. On November 10 1994 the ferry reopened and has continued to operate daily.
- Free ferry over the Ohio River on IL 1/KY 91 at Cave-in-Rock in Cave-In-Rock
- Hardin County, Illinois, and Crittenden County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.46668, -88.16589 (decimal degrees)
37°28'00" N, 88°09'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/396899/4147282 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36152 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 15, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 24, 2016: New photos from CConkle
- September 9, 2014: New Street View added by Luke
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- August 28, 2013: New photos from Steve Conro
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com