KJRY - LaMoine River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239417
Lengths are estimated. We found a tie plate dated 1922 but all the timber looks relatively new. (10 years) so I suspect the approaches and piers have been refurbished. Main deck plate span looks original.
- Deck plate girder bridge over LaMoine River on Keokuk Junction RR (former Toledo, Peoria & Warsaw)
- Hancock County, Illinois
- Built ca. 1922
- - Keokuk Junction Railway (KJRY)
- Peoria & Western Railway (PWRY)
- Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad (TPW)
- Deck plate girder main with timber stringer approaches and timber piers
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 250.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.50766, -91.05177 (decimal degrees)
40°30'28" N, 91°03'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/665067/4485928 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53541 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 15, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Keokuk Junction Railway", "Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad"