Bluff Canal Bridge CR480 (Jennifer Creek Area)
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239064
This bridge is west, just off Hancock Co. CR480 (blacktop), Jennifer Creek Reservoir is east & above this bridge. Easy to access this bridge and photograph. 2000 Illinois Gazzetter also calls out this location as Mallard.
- Abandoned pony truss bridge over Bluff Canal on Abandoned Road S of CRN370
- Hancock County, Illinois
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Total length: 60.0 ft.
- Also called
- Just below Jennifer Creek Reservoir.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.24741, -91.41825 (decimal degrees)
40°14'51" N, 91°25'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/634532/4456417 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53502 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 10, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Update info
- May 22, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Added Mallard info...new photo
- November 28, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- September 11, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Wooden deck", "Bluff Canal"
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Brent Tindall - bizzat219 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com