KJRY - Hamilton Slough Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239025
This bridge lies within the 1 mile (or so) long Wabash-owned trackage at Hamilton. The Wabash owned this small amount of track within Hamilton, from the point where TP&W track headed south to Warsaw, westward to the point just past this bridge, where the Keokuk-Hamilton Bridge Co. took over.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Hamilton Slough on Keokuk Junction Railway
- Hamilton, Hancock County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1890
- - Keokuk Junction Railway (KJRY)
- Peoria & Western Railway (PWRY)
- Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad (TPW)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 155.4 ft.
Total length: 158.8 ft.
Deck width: 16.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 26.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #118
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.38847, -91.36288 (decimal degrees)
40°23'18" N, 91°21'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/638951/4472161 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36763 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 24, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- April 29, 2016: New Street View added by Luke
- November 13, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added line drawing of bridge and updated the bridge dimensions
- November 10, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Updated Description and added known dimensions, per Wabash bridge book
- November 28, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- September 15, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Changed name so bridges would all list together
- September 11, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Pin-connected"
- September 11, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- September 8, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added link to image
- August 22, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Edited infor, removed dead link
- August 18, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Keokuk Junction Railway"
- June 28, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey