Levee Road Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239022
Map & GPS show Middle road, leading to Levee Rd
- Pony truss bridge over Drainage Ditch on Levee Road (Middle Rd) in Warsaw
- Hancock County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1904
- Riveted Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 76.4 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Shuhart Creek
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.34370, -91.44577 (decimal degrees)
40°20'37" N, 91°26'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/632003/4467064 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1999)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 034-6010 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15281 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 31.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 5, 2016: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Visited briefly, March 25, 2015; still open; was featured on a WGEM-TV segment about "Dangerous Bridges" late 2015.
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 17, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com