Panther Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239108
I'm guessing its fate is sealed with the large culvert pipe laying nearby. UPDATE (kab): Status is probably the same but culvert/tube was used just up the road (west)on CR800 from bridge.
- Pony truss bridge over Panther Creek on E CR800 Rd, 2.7 mi. southwest of St Mary
- Hancock County, Illinois
- Built 1895
- Pinned Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 65.9 ft.
Total length: 111.8 ft.
Deck width: 11.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.31361, -90.97833 (decimal degrees)
40°18'49" N, 90°58'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/671782/4464527 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 034-5416 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15285 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2014)
- Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 24, 2015: New photo from K. Allen Ballard
- April 17, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com