Rock Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239469
Told by nearby local resident that bridge had become 'skewed from it location' and closed 2 yrs ago; deck had been removed to prevent access to 4-wheelers, but trusses remained. Looks like bridge trusses and sub deck was removed earlier this year. Only piers remain. Locals say County plans to replace with modern bridge. 9/08/15
- Pony truss bridge over Rock Creek on N CR2900, 1.5 mi. northeast of Fountain Green
- Hancock County, Illinois
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1909
- Riveted Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 68.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.49627, -90.94497 (decimal degrees)
40°29'47" N, 90°56'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/674146/4484868 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fountain Green
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 034-4240 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15286 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2015)
- Sufficiency rating: 16.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 8, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Update photos; Changed Status to removed but not replaced; Local Info added.
- September 16, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Pics, road name, GPS
- April 17, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com