Morris Bridge (Second)
Uploaded by Melissa Brand-Welch
BH Photo #438638
Built in 1900 to replace a wooden bridge. The cut stone substructure of the original bridge was reused.
- Lost Warren through truss bridge over the Illinois River on Calhoun Street.
- Morris, Grundy County, Illinois
- No longer exists
- Built 1900
- Warren through truss with all verticals
- Also called
- Calhoun Street Steel Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35337, -88.42739 (decimal degrees)
41°21'12" N, 88°25'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/380596/4578968 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83526 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 25, 2020: Updated by Jeff Wieland: Corrected description of previous bridge
- December 24, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and other stuff.
- November 17, 2018: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jeff Wieland