I & M Canal Price Street Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in November 2011
BH Photo #219772
Although this isn't an old or historical bridge. Its old wooden deck look old. Because the I&M Canal is now has National Historical status all structures when built or restored have to look like something would have in that period. Also see the Five Mile Bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over I&M Canal on Price Street
- Morris, Grundy County, Illinois
- Open to traffic, closed in winter
- Built 1971
- Wooden Deck and rails.
Length of largest span: 33.1 ft.
Total length: 89.9 ft.
Deck width: 21.3 ft.
- Also called
- William Stratton State Park Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35580, -88.41667 (decimal degrees)
41°21'21" N, 88°25'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/381497/4579223 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 032-7004 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 50050 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 59.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 6, 2011: Added by Steve Conro