Spoon River Bridge
It's not possible to get closer than this without crossing beyond a No Tresspassing sign.
Photo taken by Fmiser in June 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #234716
A Parker truss bridge over the Spoon river near its mouth. While this is a metal highway bridge and it is in Fulton county, this was not one of the nine listed in the NRHP submission "Metal Highway Bridges of Fulton County Thematic Resources", 1980-10-29. It could easily have fit within the theme.
- Abandoned parker through truss bridge over Spoon River on Abandoned TR 388
- Fulton County, Illinois
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built 1900
- Parker through truss with an intact concrete deck
Length of largest span: 155.8 ft.
Total length: 171.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
- Also called
- Forgotten Rd. Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.30160, -90.08996 (decimal degrees)
40°18'06" N, 90°05'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/747321/4465296 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 449 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- IL 029-3144 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 49866 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/1992)
- Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 15.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1992)
- November 17, 2016: Updated by Fmiser: Changed status to "destroyed by flood"
- April 24, 2014: New photo from Elliott Johnson
- April 23, 2014: Updated by Elliott Johnson: added deck information
- July 7, 2012: New photo from Fmiser
- October 18, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com
- Elliott Johnson - elliottsgon15 [at] hotmail [dot] com