Little America Rest Area Bridge
Side view of the bowstring pony truss bridge
Photo taken by Fmiser in 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #231771
The bridge is spanning flat ground, so it's easy to see the underside. The approaches are NOT flush, so it's a sizable step up onto the deck. The structure appears to be well maintained and in good repair.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over Park on Pedestrian Trail
- Fulton County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Built ca.1875
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
Span length: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.39484, -90.07574 (decimal degrees)
40°23'41" N, 90°04'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/748187/4475688 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Saint David
- Inventory numer
- BH 49863 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 1, 2017: Updated by Fmiser: Added category "Cruciform Outriggers"
- October 12, 2014: New photos from Steve Conro
- June 1, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder: King
- June 1, 2012: New photos from Fmiser
- May 11, 2012: New photo from Fmiser
- May 10, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: Changed builders name to match existing category
- October 18, 2011: New Street View added by James McCray
- October 18, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com