CN - Dismal Creek Bridge
When built, the worlds largest single span concrete bridge.
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Dismal Creek on Canadian National Railway
- Fayette County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1902
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 85.0 ft.
Total length: 195.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89120, -88.70000 (decimal degrees)
38°53'28" N, 88°42'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/352564/4306076 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 70568 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 16, 2016: New Street View added by John Marvig