Illinois Prairie Path Geneva Branch - Jack T. Knuepfer Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #226903
Built in 1990 at cost of $1.2 million, the bridge won the American Institute of Steel Construction Prize Bridge Competition Award of Merit.
- Through arch bridge over EJ&E/CNRR W. Chicago yard on IPP-Geneva Spur
- West Chicago, Du Page County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Built in 1990
- Solid ribbed arch suspension bridge with steel stringer approaches. Concrete deck
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 400.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.89287, -88.21458 (decimal degrees)
41°53'34" N, 88°12'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/399241/4638594 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- West Chicago
- Inventory number
- BH 50361 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 5, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- November 29, 2011: Added by Steve Conro