Stone Prairie Bridge
Photo taken by Chris Gingrich in October 2014
BH Photo #306359
This is a ca. 1870s King Bridge Company cast and wrought iron bowstring truss bridge. It is the less common design which features a simple rolled i-beam for the upper chord. Note: Dimensions given are estimated.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over East Branch South Branch Kishwaukee River Tributary on Pedestrian Walkway
- Sycamore, De Kalb County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians only
- Previously abandoned in a location west of here over the Kishwaukee River. Relocated here ca. 2007.
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
Total length: 50.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.98769, -88.66005 (decimal degrees)
41°59'16" N, 88°39'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/362489/4649741 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 63863 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 9, 2014: New photos from Steve Conro
- October 28, 2014: Added by Nathan Holth