UPRR Shermer Road Bridge
Collapsed after a loaded coal train derailed on bridge. Tragically killing 2 motorists in a car below. July 4th 2012
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Shermer Road on UPRR (Former C&NW)
- Glenview, Cook County, Illinois
- Destroyed by train derailment
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 46.9 ft.
Total length: 100.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.10306, -87.82917 (decimal degrees)
42°06'11" N, 87°49'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/431441/4661551 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Park Ridge
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0712 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 52836 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- August 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Railroad"
- July 8, 2012: Added by Steve Conro