CN - Oak Avenue Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #228121
Two track bridge, one track abandoned. Since the CN purchased the EJ&E to bypass Chicago this line isn't used much any more.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Oak Ave on Canadian National RR (former Soo Line RR)
- River Forest, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 70.0 ft.
- Also called
- Soo Line - Oak Avenue Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.89186, -87.82081 (decimal degrees)
41°53'31" N, 87°49'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/431907/4638095 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- River Forest
- Inventory number
- BH 51778 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Soo Line Railroad"