BNSF S&S Canal Bridge
This bridge is one of seven surviving swing bridges built in 1899 across the Sanitary and Ship Canal.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Two track Pratt through truss bridge over Sanitary & Ship Canal on BNSF (former Santa Fe) Railroad
- Forest View, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1898
- - Carnegie Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Iron/Steel Manufacturer)
- Keystone Bridge Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pratt through truss
Total length: 380.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF S&S Canal Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.80523, -87.78785 (decimal degrees)
41°48'19" N, 87°47'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/434553/4628451 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 50839 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 27, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 24, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 29, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway"
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Pics, info, name
- January 6, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "Pin-connected", "HAER documented", "Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway", "Santa Fe Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER IL-39 - Santa Fe Railroad, Sanitary & Ship Canal Bridge, Spanning Sanitary & Ship Canal east of Harlem Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Douglas Butler