Metra - Oakwood Boulevard Bridge
Bridge is in poor condition. Held up by temporary shoring, and many sections of balustrade railing have been covered by plywood.
Heavily used by pedestrians to access 41st Street Beach
- Steel stringer bridge over Metra Electric Line and CN Railway on Oakwood Blvd
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic, would be posted or closed except for temporary shoring
- Built 1921
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Chicago, South Shore, & South Bend Railroad (CSS)
- Metra (METX)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 68.9 ft.
Total length: 260.5 ft.
Deck width: 49.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.82478, -87.60184 (decimal degrees)
41°49'29" N, 87°36'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/450020/4630497 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jackson Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 74806 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 23, 2017: Updated by Roger Deschner: List all 3 railroads, add description.
- December 16, 2016: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com