Jackson Blvd. Bridge
Jackson Blvd was the original alignment of Route 66.
- Bascule bridge over South Branch Chicago River on Jackson Blvd. (original Rte 66)in Chicago
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916
- - Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co.
- Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- Strobel Steel Construction Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- Bascule Pratt deck truss
Length of largest span: 202.0 ft.
Total length: 272.6 ft.
Deck width: 37.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.87806, -87.63750 (decimal degrees)
41°52'41" N, 87°38'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/447102/4636433 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Chicago Loop
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-6026 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15135 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 65.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- September 30, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "US 66"
- May 9, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- May 16, 2010: New photos from J.R. Manning
- HAER IL-55 - Chicago River Bascule Bridge, Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com