CTA Blue Line - Des Plaines Avenue Overpass
B&O bridge (BH51783) just beyond.
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #228160
Leads into the Chicago Transit Authority terminal and garage at the end of the CTA "Blue Line"
- Deck plate girder bridge over Des Plaines Ave on CTA
- Forest Park, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1959
- - Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- Rapid Transit
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 67.9 ft.
Total length: 129.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.87389, -87.81500 (decimal degrees)
41°52'26" N, 87°48'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/432370/4636095 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0705 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51784 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 21, 2012: Added by Steve Conro