CN - Dearborn Street Bridge
CN Dearborn Street Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in December 2018
BH Photo #441302
Badly deteriorated bridge over Dearborn Street on St. Charles Air Line. Shoring to supplement bent posts, and for deteriorating stone abutments, appears to be inadequate. Construction to replace this bridge is underway now, closing Dearborn Street and the east pedestrian walkway. The west pedestrian walkway, under the west approach span, remains open.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Dearborn Street on Canadian National Railway
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to train traffic on top; Dearborn Street closed underneath
- Future prospects
- To be replaced 2019. Construction is underway.
- Built 1899
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Chicago & Western Indiana Railroad (CWI)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- St. Charles Air Line Railroad
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 72.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.86067, -87.62881 (decimal degrees)
41°51'38" N, 87°37'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/447809/4634498 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83938 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 14, 2019: Updated by Roger Deschner: New photos, description, categories
- January 6, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- December 31, 2018: Added by John Marvig
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com