Cherry Avenue Bridge
Photo taken by J.P.
BH Photo #217931
This bridge is open to both pedestrian and railroad traffic
- Bridge over North Branch Canal on Cherry Avenue, former Chicago/Milwaukee/St. Paul Railroad
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic from trains and pedestrains
- Built 1901
- - Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- - Chicago Terminal Railway (CTM)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Bob-tail swing bridge
Total length: 230.0 ft.
- Also called
- Chicago Milwaukee & St. Paul Bridge Z-2
MILW - Bridge Z-2
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.91015, -87.65552 (decimal degrees)
41°54'37" N, 87°39'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/445635/4640007 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Chicago Loop
- Inventory numer
- BH 44261 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 15, 2018: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- November 23, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- November 20, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added HAER imagery + Added category "Rail-and-trail"
- November 20, 2015: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: removed "rail to trail" while peds may cross, it is not on a trail
- July 15, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- January 13, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- May 31, 2014: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added category "Goose Island, Chicago"
- August 10, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Updated status, bridge is multi-use and is open to both pedestrian AND train traffic. Added photograph.
- February 21, 2012: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 18, 2011: New photos from James McCray
- October 17, 2011: New photos from J.P.
- March 9, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Added GPS and design info
- February 27, 2010: Added by Kim Harvey