Oakwood Blvd Lake Shore Drive Overpass
When originally built, abutments were faced with fluted aluminum. (Looking for historic photos.) That was removed in the 1989 rehab and replaced with a stone material. The monumental pylons were added in 1989.
Bridge is also a major pedestrian route to 41st Street Beach.
- Steel stringer bridge over Lake Shore Drive (US 41) on Oakwood Blvd
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1950, rehabilitated 1989
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 56.4 ft.
Total length: 116.1 ft.
Deck width: 65.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.82525, -87.60035 (decimal degrees)
41°49'31" N, 87°36'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/450144/4630548 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jackson Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 76700 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 23, 2017: Added by Roger Deschner
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com