CSX - Des Plaines Avenue Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #228154
This would have been the Baltimore & Ohio RR's link to the Wisconsin Central later to be the Soo Line Railroad. Now its the CSX link to the Canadian National.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Des Plaines Ave on CSX RR (former Baltimore & Ohio RR)
- Forest Park, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (BO)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 69.9 ft.
Total length: 170.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.87473, -87.81509 (decimal degrees)
41°52'29" N, 87°48'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/432364/4636188 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0703 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51783 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Baltimore and Ohio Railroad", "Canadian National Railway"
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com