Soo Line Railroad Washington Blvd Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
Two track bridge, one track abandoned. Since the CN purchased the EJ&E to bypass Chicago this line isn't used much any more.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Washington Blvd on Canadian National RR (former Soo Line RR)
- River Forest, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1956, this sure loosk older than 1956
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 95.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.88303, -87.82048 (decimal degrees)
41°52'59" N, 87°49'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/431925/4637114 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- River Forest
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-3107 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51781 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Soo Line Railroad"