CN - Lake Street Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
Originally a two track bridge, later reduced to single track. Since the CN purchased the EJ&E to bypass Chicago this line isn't used much any more. This bridge has also been nicely painted.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Lake Street on Canadian National RR (former Soo Line RR)
- River Forest, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 83.0 ft.
- Also called
- Soo Line - Lake Street Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.88822, -87.82068 (decimal degrees)
41°53'18" N, 87°49'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/431913/4637690 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- River Forest
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0598 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51779 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- June 27, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Soo Line Railroad"