Soo Line Railroad Chicago Ave Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
Two track bridge, one track abandoned. Since the CN purchased the EJ&E to bypass Chicago this line isn't used much any more.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Chicago Ave on Canadian National RR (former Soo Line RR)
- River Forest, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.89393, -87.82088 (decimal degrees)
41°53'38" N, 87°49'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/431903/4638324 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- River Forest
- Inventory number
- BH 51777 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Soo Line Railroad"