CN - Des Plaines River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #228079
Two track bridge with one track abandoned. Doesn't appear to get much use, rails very rusted
- Through truss bridge over Des Plaines River on CNRR (former Soo Line RR)
- River Forest, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Pratt through truss
Total length: 140.0 ft.
- Also called
- Soo Line - Des Plaines River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.90402, -87.83202 (decimal degrees)
41°54'14" N, 87°49'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/430990/4639454 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- River Forest
- Inventory number
- BH 51771 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Canadian National Railway"
- March 21, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Soo Line Railroad"