AMTK - Canal Street Lift Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #240461
Originally built as part of the Pennsylvania Railroad system, this Waddell and Harrington vertical lift span is the only one of its kind across the Chicago River. Upon its completion in 1915, it had the heaviest (1,500 ton) main span of any vertical lift bridge in the United States.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- October 7, 2020: New photos from Tyler
- April 20, 2019: New photo from James McCray
- April 20, 2019: Updated by Geoff Hubbs: Corrected owner per Dennis DeBruler's comment
- July 18, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- April 29, 2018: New photos from Drake Krohn
- February 18, 2018: New Street View added by Roger Deschner
- June 19, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 28, 2016: New photos from Roger Deschner
- November 22, 2015: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- July 15, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- February 11, 2015: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added category "Chicago River Movable Bridges"
- October 4, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 30, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway"
- September 29, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Add Photo's
- January 6, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "HAER documented", "Riveted", "Navigable waterway", "Amtrak", "Pennsylvania Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER IL-112 - Pennsylvania Railroad, South Branch Chicago River Bridge, Spanning South Branch of Chicago River Bridge east of Canal Street, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Douglas Butler
- Amtrak South Branch Chicago River Railroad Bridge - Waddell's railroad lift bridge opening for vessel traffic
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dana and Kay Klein
- Drake Krohn - drakekrohn [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com