Chicago, Madison & Northern RR Bridge
This bridge crossing the Sanitary and Ship Canal was originally built for the Chicago, Madison & Northern Railroad Bridge. When it was completed in 1900 it contained the longest swing span of the several swing bridges erected across the canal.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Pratt through truss bridge over Sanitary & Ship Canal on CNRR (original Chicago, Madison & Northern Railroad)
- Cicero, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899
- - Toledo Bridge Co. of Toldeo, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 479.0 ft.
Total length: 479.0 ft.
- Also called
- Illinois Central Railroad Swing Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.83225, -87.70223 (decimal degrees)
41°49'56" N, 87°42'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/441690/4631389 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 50836 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 12, 2012: Updated by Frank Hicks: Corrected GPS coordinates
- January 6, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "HAER documented", "Pin-connected", "Chicago Madison And Northern Railroad", "Illinois Central & Gulf"