Chicago & Western Indiana Railroad Bridge
This bridge is one of the seven surviving 1899 swing bridges built across the Sanitary and Ship Canal.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Pratt through truss bridge over Sanitary & Ship Canal on Belt Railway of Chicago (former Chicago & Western Indiana RR)
- Cicero, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899
- Pinned Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.82096, -87.73875 (decimal degrees)
41°49'15" N, 87°44'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/438647/4630162 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- HAER IL-79
BH 50834 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 30, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Belt Railway of Chicago"
- January 6, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "HAER documented", "Pin-connected", "Navigable waterway"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER IL-79 - Chicago & Western Indiana Railroad Bridge, Spanning Sanitary & Ship Canal at Nerska Junction, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth