Adams Street Bridge
General View Of Bridge And Bridge Tenders' Houses From The Southeast Looking Northwest
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
Adams was the later westbound alignment of Route 66 when Jackson was made one way eastbound.
- Bascule bridge over South Branch Chicago River on Adams Street in Chicago
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927; rehabilitated 1996
- - Fitzsimons & Connell Dredge & Dock Co.
- Strobel Steel Construction Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- Bascule Pratt deck truss
Length of largest span: 199.1 ft.
Total length: 249.9 ft.
Deck width: 38.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.87944, -87.63694 (decimal degrees)
41°52'46" N, 87°38'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/447150/4636587 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Chicago Loop
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-6001 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15097 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 45.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- December 7, 2012: New photos from Mike Fahrenbacher
- September 30, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "US 66"
- May 12, 2010: New photos from J.R. Manning
- HAER IL-51 - Chicago River Bridge, West Adams Street, Chicago, Cook County, IL
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Mike Fahrenbacher