127th Street Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #240219
This impressively tall, heavily skewed bridge stands out, literally. It just looks strong.
- Warren through truss bridge over Cal Sag Channel on 127th Street (IL 83) in Alsip/Crestwood
- Alsip/Crestwood, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1968
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 402.8 ft.
Total length: 608.7 ft.
Deck width: 48.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 47 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.66167, -87.74972 (decimal degrees)
41°39'42" N, 87°44'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/437581/4612484 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Blue Island
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0570 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15091 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 95 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 26, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Corrected town, road name added photo's
- November 22, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Refined design description
- November 29, 2010: New Street View added by David Backlin