Bishop Ford Expwy "Steel Bridge"
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #240050
If you lived or been in Chicago and listened to the traffic reports you've undoubtedly heard travel times on the Bishop Ford Expy from 95th to the "Steel Bridge".
- Pair of through truss bridges over Little Calumet River on I-94 in calumet City
- Calumet City, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1949
- Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 419.8 ft.
Total length: 794.7 ft.
Deck width: 39.6 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.64127, -87.57851 (decimal degrees)
41°38'29" N, 87°34'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/451821/4610109 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lake Calumet
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0158 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15105 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- March 22, 2012: New Street View added by Tony Dillon