Conrail - Big Creek Bridge
Big Creek Big Four 1
Middle span taken from bed of Big Creek. Facing west.
Photo taken by bob evinger in July 2012
Purchased May 15, 1997 by H.A. Knuth, Paris, IL for use as a wildlife refuge and walking trail.
- Concrete arch bridge over Big Creek on former Big Four Railroad northwest of Marshall
- Clark County, Illinois
- Private ownership
- Future prospects
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Built 1906
- - Collier Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- - Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railway (CCC&StL)
- Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Open-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 360.0 ft.
- Also called
- Big Four - Big Creek Bridge
NYC - Big Creek Bridge
PC - Big Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.42681, -87.68236 (decimal degrees)
39°25'37" N, 87°40'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/441269/4364363 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53164 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Edited bridge name
- August 13, 2012: Added by bob evinger