Lake of the Woods Covered Bridge 13-10-A
The Lake of the Woods Covered Bridge is a replica covered bridge. The bridge, in reality, is a steel stringer bridge with a wooden top.
Photo taken by James McCray
Request this photo
BH Photo #181334
The bridge is a replica of the Pepperel Covered Bridge near Boston, MA.
- Covered bridge over Sangamon River on Lake of the Woods County Park Road in the Champaign County Forest Preserve
- Champaign County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1965
- Steel stringer deck with faux wooden Pratt through truss to give the appearance of a covered bridge.
Total length: 140.0 ft.
Deck width: 32.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.20412, -88.38761 (decimal degrees)
40°12'15" N, 88°23'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/381905/4451335 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46421 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 18, 2019: New photo from Susan Wyrick
- October 13, 2010: New photos from J.P.
- October 6, 2010: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Susan Wyrick