Modern Bridges for Illinois Highways. State of Illinois Highway Commission. August 1912.
BH Photo #439482
Superstructure built by Pan-American Bridge Co at a cost of $2263. Substructure built by McManis & Son at a cost of $1454.45
Caption on photo was incorrect as this bridge spanned Big Bureau Creek, and not the Green River. A.D. Hopps was the landowner.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Big Bureau Creek on 3000 E Street.
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- - McManis & Son (Substructure)
- Pan American Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana (Superstructure)
- 6-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.55520, -89.27668 (decimal degrees)
41°33'19" N, 89°16'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/310137/4602895 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83777 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 6, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added location and other information.
- January 4, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added category "Pan American Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana"
- December 17, 2018: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch