Hennepin Canal Lock 22 lift Bridge
Sorry for the profanity, vandals have made their mark.
Photo taken by Steve Conro in December 2011
BH Photo #221989
Both build plaques have been removed by vandals. I'll go out on a limb and say the info is the same as Bridge 21 and 26. They are all identical. Bridge 21 and 26 info is:
Under direction of Major C.S Riche.
Corps of Engineers.
Pittsburg Steel Construction Company
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Hennepin Canal on CR-310 East (Abandoned Alignment)
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Canal opened 1907
- Through girder vertical lift bridge.
- Also called
- Lock 22 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.40084, -89.79930 (decimal degrees)
41°24'03" N, 89°47'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/265995/4587037 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48244 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2014: New photos from Tom Phelan
- December 18, 2011: Updated by Clark Vance: Build date and type
- December 18, 2011: New photos from Steve Conro
- February 24, 2011: Added by Nathan Holth