Illinois Highway Commission Report
BH Photo #440969
Bridge had a reinforced concrete deck. Foundation was 23 feet high. Built at a cost of $7038
Replacement bridge has also been replaced.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Big Bureau Creek on Backbone Road
- Princeton Township, Bureau County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- - H.S Wetherell of Morgan Park Illinois (Contractor)
- 8-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Total length: 150.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- Backbone Road Bridge
Old County Highway 9 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.40667, -89.50949 (decimal degrees)
41°24'24" N, 89°30'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/290241/4586942 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84018 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 5, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added location and truss type.
- January 4, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com