Big Bureau Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in December 2011
BH Photo #221930
While it looks intact enough to drive across. The road has been abandoned so you couldn't drive to this with out going on private property. The south end looks a little flood damaged. Cresting looks identical to that of some Michigan spans credited to the Joliet Bridge Company.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Big Bureau Creek on Adandoned 2750 E Rd 2.5 mi. SW of La Moille
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Bridge appears intact, but the road to it is abandonded.
- Built 1901
- - Joliet Bridge & Iron Co. of Joliet, Illinois (likely fabricator)
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.51776, -89.32485 (decimal degrees)
41°31'04" N, 89°19'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/306007/4598845 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- La Moille
- Inventory numbers
- IL 006-4176 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 49852 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 17, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and truss type
- December 17, 2011: Updated by Steve Conro: Updated status info and added pictures
- October 17, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com