Hennepin Canal Aqueduct #2
The Hennepin originally had nine aqueducts -- concrete troughs which carried the canal and its traffic across larger rivers and streams. Today, six remain the other three are replaced by pipes that carry the canal flow under the creek or river the aqueduct crossed over.
- Hennepin Canal aqueduct over Big Bureau Creek
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Lost in 1998 flood. Replaced with pedestrian bridge to restore bike path
- Built between 1892-1907. Lost in 1998 flood.
- Syphon now used to carry canal flow under Bureau Creek
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.32235, -89.51860 (decimal degrees)
41°19'20" N, 89°31'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/289208/4577602 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49973 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 1, 2011: Added by Steve Conro