West Bureau Creek Bridge
Move completed, bridge is reopened.
Photo taken by Steve Conro in July 2012
BH Photo #234809
This bridge used to be a non-historic 1979 concrete bridge which has deteriorated and needed to be replaced. In a wonderful preservation solution, a historic truss bridge on the busier County Highway 8 over Hennepin Canal will be replaced, with the historic truss span being moved to this location and rehabilitated.
- Restored bridge from CR-1400 East moved to this location
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Future prospects
- A non-historic bridge has been demolished and replaced with this historic County Highway 8 Bridge that previously crossed the Hennepin Canal.
- Built 1931; rehabilitated 1982; moved in 2011
- Riveted Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 37.1 ft.
Total length: 107.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35129, -89.56634 (decimal degrees)
41°21'05" N, 89°33'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/285307/4580932 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 006-3243 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 48241 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2007)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 57.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 8, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- January 24, 2012: New photos from Gene Smania
- December 17, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated information
- December 17, 2011: Updated by Steve Conro: Changed name, updated info, staus and added photos
- February 24, 2011: Added by Nathan Holth