Hennepin Canal Bridge 10A
You can see new bridge in the back ground in BH48240 photo's
- Through truss bridge over Hennepin Canal on CH 8 in Wyanet
- Wyanet, Bureau County, Illinois
- Moved to a new location and replaced by a new bridge,
- Future prospects
- Relocated and preserved to 1400N Ave Over West Bureau Creek (in Bureau County)
- Built 1931; rehabilitated 1982; moved in 2011
- Pratt through truss with riveted connections, and multiple type approach spans including through plate girder.
Length of largest span: 115.1 ft.
Total length: 234.5 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.35361, -89.58734 (decimal degrees)
41°21'13" N, 89°35'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/283558/4581242 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 006-3244 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15028 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 46.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 24, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is not doomed! To be relocated to a lower volume roadway.
- July 5, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge is doomed.